How to Make an Egg Carton Butterfly
Make a butterfly craft with an egg carton. It is an easy craft for children and fun to do. Just a few items are all you need for this butterfly craft for kids.
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right ⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Egg Carton
- Construction Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Open up the egg carton and cut off one row of the egg holders from the bottom.
- Turn it over and color it. Make sure to add a face to one of the ends.
- Cut “wings” out of construction paper. (Click here for the butterfly "wings" template, or click the link at the end of the directions.)
- Glue them to sides.
- Decorate/color the wings.
- Gently poke holes in the top of the butterfly to insert the antennae.
- Use pipe cleaners for the antennae.
- Have fun!